Planning for your family photography session can seem overwhelming. There are so many factors that will influence your final portraits. Your family photography session should be relaxed and fun, but keep in mind that it is a special investment. With a little bit of extra thought and planning, you can be assured that you’ll love the final results!
Some important things to consider:
• Time of year (spring, summer, fall, winter)
• Location (beach, city, park, meadow, home, urban)
• Wardrobe (casual, traditional, preppy, trendy, casual)
How do you plan to display your portraits?
• Keepsake album or Showcase box that features all the best moments from your shoot
• Wall Art, whether prints, luxe frames, gallery wraps, or floating metal art
• Preferred room (foyer, family room, hallway/staircase, living room, bedroom)
• Home decor (warm, cool, formal, modern, beachy, cottage, traditional)
• Gift-giving for family members
Remember, this is YOUR family photography session. Planning, preparation and communication with the photographer beforehand will ensure that you create personal art in your home that makes you smile every day, for years and years to come.